Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3D Glasses

I don't like these things, and I have very legitimate reasons as to why. I wear glasses and I love them, but wearing 2 pairs of glasses isn't fun...

It feels like my nose is going to cave in, and I have to constantly adjust them during the movie which takes me completely out of the film. They always have smudgy fingerprint or popcorn smears all over them which are IMPOSSIBLE to remove... even with my special eyeglass cleaning cloth, believe me I've tried. And as if the smears aren't bad enough, the dark coated lenses completely screw up the colors of the film. I take them off and the brilliance of the color shows through until I get dizzy from the double vision thing, and then I have to watch the rest of the film in a dulled down smudgy version knowing what awesomeness my eyes are missing out on. Plus, it's not bad enough being called 4 eyes when you were younger, but six eyes... yeeesh. 3D goggles (as I like to call them) just go away.

Insincerely,
Zar

18 comments:

Beji said...

Sometimes I have to work with those glasses and it's even worse. I love your blog.

Christian Zimmermann said...

haha that's funny zar. in the 3d-cinema I must always think of those poor people. :) what do people they wear big nerd glasses???

Meg Park said...

Oh man, I feel exactly the same way about 3D Glasses. And to think we have to pay ridiculous ticket prices for the experience..

nate v said...

here here!!! down with 3d glasses!

Dougmian said...

Movies in 3D shouldn't be a rule, but I think most of the next movies will be in 3D. I agree with you, they could thing about a comfortable way to watch it.
I like this drawing to show the situation!

Miss-Manitas said...

OH! I had never think befefore what happend with the persons who already wear glasses when they go to the cinema. haha.. You are right, this must be a very extrange and unconfortable situation. I've also notice that the colors are more dull when you wear the glasses :(

Good job!

Benoit Therriault said...

Your drawing is so spot-on!
Just have a look at my profile picture...it'll tells a lot about that:)

Isaac Orloff Illustration said...

when i went to see how to train your dragon i didnt realize it was in 3d till we got to the door of the theater. I was so pissed i wanted to leave, but i went in anyway. But after feeling i was actually soaring through nathan fowkes's background, i was totally hooked haha. definitely wouldnt wanna have a 3d tv at home though, wearing those glasses is silly..what if you wear contacts and the 3d glasses?

Avner Geller said...

Hahahaha, I've been feeling exactly the same every time I had to put on those glasses. I feel your pain!
wonderful illustration!

Marie Bower said...

LOL! I agree, and it just feels so weird having to wear TWO pairs of glasses in a movie! It also gives me a headache sometimes...this is why I avoid most 3D movies all together. Thanks for posting this, I feel a lot of people can relate! :D

PLANET-PULP said...

I saw Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3 in 3D and swore I wouldn't do it again. The loss of color on such beautiful films is a tragic thing. I'm over 3D until studios can find a way to preserve the color. hopefully that doesn't mean over saturate to compensate!

*daisy said...

ditto! I've always wondered how big a pain that would be... : D

Joseph Mingoo Lee said...

totally agree, double glasses are lame!

Chris Kennett said...

glasses on glasses, I feel your pain.

Emikaye said...

Preaching to the choir, here =]

Claudio Cerri said...

I'm not a lover of the 3d technology, but I'm a lover of your artworks! I follow you!

Aurore Damant said...

OMG I so agree with you. The worse thing is that lately you don't even have the choice to see the movies without the 3D. I think it should remain in Disneyland.
(great sketch BTW)

Maya Shavzin said...

yess!!! exactly!
thank you!!

=(O)=(O)=
^
~~~